Monday, March 24, 2014

Tel-Aviv Fashion week 2014. My favorite shows

Like every year, as soon as they published the Tel-Aviv fashion week schedule of 2014 I cleared my calender for that week and got my fashion week date, Tamar Fiss, ready and excited with me. 
We attended 15 shows this time. It was intense and tiring but also very special and exciting. 
I decided to share my favorite shows with you here. 

this show opened fashion week. Tamara went to the same school as I did which automatically made me very curious and somewhat proud about this show. The school I went to is not the main fashion school in Israel and some people look at me awkward when I tell them I didn't study at Shenkar.
Anyways I loved everything about this show. The romantic vintage collars she used, The flowy silhouettes, The music and the video of flowers in the back 
shot by: Inbal mermery





Daniella Lehavi:
This show was very emotional because the designer passed away just a few months ago. 
The new accessories collection had perfect colors and was so pretty. I really wanted everything on that runway.





This video staring Daniella's voice left no dry eye in the crowd


 


And this is what we wore on the first day:


 




We ran home, worked a little and changed for a few evening shows


Dorin Frankfurt:
I loved the colors, The comfy cuts and the styling. The whole show had a very Israeli down to earth feeling about it which is very correspondent with the designers patriotic agenda as she also gave away T-shirts with the print: "Designed and manufactured in Tel-Aviv". I can really relate to that since I too design and manufacture all my garments in tel-aviv and I know how hard it is.





And this is what we wore on the second day



At the sample show we got sweet little souvenirs. Actually the best gift I ever got at a fashion show.
It's a tiny sewing kit inside a chocolate egg. genious!


Nina was very curious about it



The comme il faut show was my favorite show. All I thought was how I want to save money this summer so I could afford the whole collection. The colors were perfect, the designs were perfect and they made many pinafores which are my weakness. They sent older women down the runway alongside to the models.  Amazing, beautiful and confident women that looked amazing wearing the collection.
The whole feel of the show was just amazing





shot by orit pnini

shot by orit pnini


Again, we ran home and changed for the evening shows



Shai Shalom made the most amazing coats!







Last but not least was the wonderful Gideon and Karen Oberson show
bright colors for beach wear are just enough to melt my heart






By the end of day 3 we were pretty exhausted...




 Caught on camera on the way home :)



See you next year




No comments:

Post a Comment